GlobalEx Launch (Fall 2016)

We just launched a new program this Fall 2016. After working for over six months with the planning team, I have engaged and grown close with each of them. I now have new friends from all over the world. I have learned about their culture, puzzled through problems, and hurdled over cultural barriers. We are super excited for this program and the relationships built through GlobalEx really changes perspectives and has opened my mind to other cultures.

Scandinavia 2016 (Abroad Experience #2)

This was a tremendous experience. I learned a lot more about the culture, social structures, and history on this abroad trip than Paris. We had dinner with locals, engaged in academic discussion, and spent more time connecting with the countries we visited.

Click here for more.

International Experience

Frog Camp Paris (Abroad Experience #1)

This was my first experience abroad and my first experience with TCU. It offered valuable lessons in how to approach college and a base of connections for the tools to make the most out of college from the first day. Traveling abroad with peers I had never met made me vulnerable, opened my mind, and transitioned me to independency. After spending a week in France, it was cool to see my acclimation and an excitement for travel.

Click here for more

Multicultural Experience

Muticultural Karaoke (Campus Experience #1)

Put on by the African American group on campus. Was really fun and it was offered valuable engagement with a minority group here on campus.

Honors International Program (Campus Experience #2)

I have been working on introducing a subset of Beyond Borders Students that focuses on the Honors First Year students. Through this programs progress, I have had the opportunity to work closely with the international community here on campus. Specifically, I have been in discussion with BBS and the Vietnamese Society here on campus.

Milton-Daniel Hall Events (Campus Experience #3)

Through living in the Honors community, there is a considerable number of international students I have had the opportunity to get to know. I try to be engaged within the Honors dorm and likewise have met some great international students.