• First and foremost, I believe no learning can take place if a student does not feel comfortable in the learning environment. Creating a safe classroom environment is absolutely vital for student success.
  • I believe collaboration and communication between student, teacher, and parents is vital to creating open, trusting relationships between all.
  • I believe what students learn in the classroom should be meaningful to them, whether it ties to prior knowledge or can be tied to real-life experiences that are to come.
  • I believe student collaboration can, at times, be more effective than one-on-one instruction from the teacher. Students should be able to teach one another and student collaboration is promoted. I believe social learning is the key to students learning to strengthen their self awareness, social awareness, management skills, relationship skills, and decision making abilities, all of which are necessary skills within and outside of the classroom environment.
  • I believe sitting in desks and memorizing equations, methods, and statistics is not providing an educational experience for students that will carry outside the walls of the classroom. Instead, I believe in hands-on learning that allows students to learn from their curiosity, questions, interests, and inquiries.
  • I believe in building the self-confidence of each of my students. I want to provide individualized praise for student effort, not product. I believe students who value the learning process versus their graded product become adults who value learning for the sake of becoming knowledgeable individuals. 
  • I believe in being a positive role model for students. A child's reality is shaped around what they see.
  • I believe in helping students identify personal strengths, modeling peace, and teaching responsibility .