Digital Design, Fall 2014

In this course I learned to use the industry software Kaledo Style and Print to develop textile designs and technical flat illustrations. This knowledge was also applicable when creating designs for a line with Hallmark Crown Collection that can be seen in the Product Development section. The work seen below was part of a 3 collection project. The first prints were inspired by the element ice and the garments inspired by water. During this project I learned how to create prints and develop flats for production utilizing computer and design software.

Product Development, Fall 2014

In this course I learned the process of product development including research, line development, materials selections, fabric and style specifications, costing, merchandising, and marketing of the line. Use of computer software programs Kaledo Style and Print were used when creating lines. Other programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint were used throughout the project and final formal presentation. As product manager I was also able to use my organizational and communication skills when putting togethr details of the line. 

Fashion Drawing Fundamentals, Spring 2013

In this course I learned different color theories, design principles and elements, concept development, presentation skills, and how to produce technical flats of a garment. A large portion of the class was devoted to deigning a collection of flats and making fashion illustration drawings of them. By doing this I learned how to make a product with correct dimensions for sourcing and visually appealing sketches for the consumer.

Fashion Communications, Fall 2013

In Fahsion Communications I learned communication methods used in the fashion industry and how to communicate through visual components. For this class we set up a display window using merchandise from a local retailer. During this project we worked in teams to put together a cencept for our window, communicate effectively with the retailer, and set up and maintained look of the window.

Apparel Construction, Spring 2014

In this class I learned basic sewing skills, and gained an understanding of proper fit and quality of constructed apparel. By the end of the semester we each chose a pattern and fabric to make a skirt. Mine is seen below. I think one of the most important things I took away from this class were basic sewing skills such as sewing on buttons.