This morning we took a tour of the old communist section of Krakow… In plastic, crazy colored cars that were typical during communist times! Not only did we get to ride in cool cars, but we also got several opportunities to sit at after each stop. Breaks are much needed after walking miles upon miles every day. At one point in our tour we got to view an apartment that had been styled similar to the design of a communist apartment. Our tour guides love to joke and said, this is not a museum so you can touch anything you want, including the tour guides. The tour guides were young and hilarious; they made the tour extremely fun. We also stopped for lunch at what looked similar to a soup kitchen for lunch. The restaurant had very cheap, traditional Polish food. It was definitely a cultural experience trying all the food, but I am glad we got the opportunity even though I had a grumbling stomach after the meal was over. Then we went to Wawel Castle and walked through the museum. We were all rather tired and hungry be the time we finished the tours! One of my favorite parts was the Dragon’s Cave. There was a legend about a dragon who lived under the castle at Wawel that was cute and funny. We ended our long day by meeting students at a university in Krakow, touring the campus, and enjoying a delicious Italian meal. We of course had some lody (ice cream) for dessert! I’m excited for tomorrow’s adventure to the salt mines and Auschwitz