Roman and Early Christian Thought

Is there a higher power? Does It care about me? What is divine? What comes after death? All of these questions are wrestled with in Early Roman and Christian Thought, an Honors Colloquia. Each class provided two hours of discussion centered around the writings of Roman thinkers discussing the three main topics of the nature of the divine, exceptional persons, and the afterlife. Two papers were written for this class, each requiring almost line-by-line analysis of two or more texts. However, these texts represent only the tip of the iceberg. Each week's reading opened the gateways to multiple fields of discussion. We conversed on everything from ancient vs. modern morality to whether the sacred chickens could truly place a pox upon you and your house. While it may not be a natural science, this course definitely helped me along my path by providing me with a more well-rounded outlook on life along with a reenforced understanding of how to truly address the same source from multiple viewpoints at the same time.