My Roots...

I grew up outside of Chicago in the northwest suburbs.  Over the years I have grown to love exploring the city. All four years of high school I took part in competitive showchoir.  Practicing before, during, and after school music was a big part of my life.  Participating in National Honors Society, Red Cross Club, Library Teen Advisory Board, voice lessons, and Medical Academy kept me very busy.  My love for kids really became solidified once I started my first job as a swim lesson teacher.  From water babies to toddlers to junior swim school I realized I had a love for the little ones.  Yet, the biggest blessing was having the oppurtunity to coach swim team for the past two summers.

Being a coach has allowed me to grow immensly as a leader, communicator, and compassionate mentor.

My TCU Experience thus far...

Even though I am 963 miles from home, it feels as though I am still at home.  I chose TCU for its stellar academics, small class sizes, and big school spirit.  As I begin to become more involved in the John V. Roach Honors College, Greek Life, mentoring, Spoon University and bible study I realize how driven everyone here is. This environment is so hardworking you can't help but be motivated.  The library walls are constantly exploding with rainbow dry erase marker from floor to ceiling.  It really does bring out my inner nerd