I am a current senior at Texas Christian  University majoring in Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Architectural Lighting. I am actively pursuing the opportunity to gain additional industry experience this summer and utilize the knowledge I have obtained through my studies. It is my desire to complete an official full-time internship (as required for my degree plan) the summer of 2018, and continue to build my career within the fashion industry.

I have garnered professional experience in both marketing and graphic design over the last several years. I worked as a freelance graphic designer for a time, which offered me the opportunity to work with diverse company cultures and product categories, as well as provide me with the opportunity to hone my management skills. I am currently employed as the marketing director of Paladin Logic Ltd., a software development company that works with a wide variety of industry sectors. As marketing director, I am responsible for identifying and developing the customer segment for our software products, as well as advising the development team to ensure customer satisfaction in the final product. I am also the designer and administrator of various company websites offering specific selections of our products to unique markets.  When I joined Paladin Logic in 2015,  my first task was to implement the use of social media (a move suggested through both primary and secondary research) within our marketing message. Since that time, I have utilized our social media to both research customer segments as well as to promote our diverse services with significant success.  

My decision in 2015 to transfer my communication studies at the University of Texas at Arlington to the fashion merchandising program at Texas Christian University arose from a deep-rooted love for the apparel industry. I wanted to fine tune my skills for the fashion industry and the garment market, a move that required me to dedicate myself to learning the specialized elements of the industry.  I plan to meld my professional experience with the knowledge I have gained through my studies to aid me in working for the success within the fashion industry. 

I am an officer for the honor society, Phi Upsilon Omicron, contributing scholarly writing to our national newsletter. I am a student member of Fashion Group International, an organization founded to provide an opportunity for fashion professionals to network and learn from each other in a non-academic context. I am also a student member of the International Textile and Apparel Association, an association that promotes research and appreciation of knowledge in the textiles and apparel industry.  Any additional information on my background and activities can be found on my resume.