Remington Swensson

“The definition of success changes. Success is to live your life with integrity and not give into peer pressure to be something you’re not.” –Ellen Degeneres

Hi! My name is Remington Swensson and this is my FrogFolio. I am a Psychology Major, Child Development Minor. The quote above is one that I feel is currently the epitome of where I stand in life right about now. Not only am I a sophomore at TCU, I am learning what its like to be on my own, away from the little one stop light town of Paradise, Texas, I grew up in.

The definition of success I do believe changes as we move through life, at least for me, I know it has. When I was little, success was spelling every word right on my spelling test, as I got into high school, success was being the most involved out of all my friends, whether it be from FFA to band, to NHS and Art Club, if you weren’t involved, were you truly successful in high school?

And now as I look at where I am right now, success is simply figuring out where I could possibly want to go with my life after college, or simply getting a good grade after a week full of exams and late nights of studying. Just as my definition of success will change over the next four years, I know that being here at TCU will change who I am, for the better, by providing me with the opportunities to grow into who I really am, and become the best leader I can be.