Where I was... 

For the past 18 years, Atlanta, GA has been my home. I've lived on the same street, in the same house, and even in the same room for my entire life unitl I moved into my dorm room. From when I was 3 to when I was 18 years old, I attended Holy Innocents' Episcopal School and honestly could not have asked for a better schooling experience. HIES, and the communitiy of people I met there, shaped who I am today, and while I love where I am now, I really enjoyed my 15 years in school. One of my proudest accomplishments to date is winning back-to-back volleyball state championships junior and senior year.

Where I am...

Currently, I am a freshman at Texas Christian University and am a member of the John V. Roach Honors College. So after an alarming lack of change for 18 years, why choose a college 831 miles away? After happily living in my comfort zone, I was ready for a change. The easy choice would have been to go to the Univeristy of Georgia- both of my parents' alma maters and the school that roughly 1/4 of my classmates chose- but, I wanted something different, a place that I would be forced to be uncomfortable (in the best way). 

Where I want to be...

As a Pre-Business major and Spanish minor, I am pursuing a future in the field of Financial Advising. My father and brother are both in the field of Finance so I always assumed this would be the next step for me. This was solidified in high school when I took my first business-related class: AP Microeconomics. Unlike some of my other classes, in Microeconomics, I found myself extremely interested in the lessons and everything just clicked. While I am not positive about my specific major, I know that it will be in the business world. 

My passion for Spanish really began junior year when I participated in an exchange program with an Argentinian school. After learning Spanish for over 10 years, I was a little over-confident going into the experience. My first few days in Argentina were difficult to say the least and I struggled to understand what anyone was saying; however, by the end of the two weeks, I had vastly improved. Not only could I easily hold a conversation with whomever I was talking with, I even began thinking in Spanish. Since then, I have come to love Spanish and all of the cultures within the language and hope to study abroad in another Spanish-speaking nation.