This is a Spotify playlist I made with 150 songs I really like right now. It's probably going to change every few days because I'm always finding new songs or rediscovering ones I forgot about. Some are old, some are new, some are well-known, and some are relatively undiscovered. While there is a lot of variance between these songs, the one thing they all have in common is they all make me feel something- whether they make me feel happy or they take me back to another time, they all deliver a feeling and that's what makes them important. 

Above is my freedom of expression page I created as part of my application for TCU. Students were given the option to fill one sheet of paper in any way that they want in order to reveal a side of oneself to the admissions office that is not represented in the rest of one's portfolio. So, I chose to put the logos of all of my favorite bands together. 

Music is a really important part of my life. I played the harp from when I was 3 until freshman year in high school, the violin for 4 years, the flute for 1, and handbells for 2 years. While I no longer play any instruments, I can't stop listening to music. Whether I am relaxing in my dorm, doing homework, walking to class, driving in my car, or pretty much anywhere, I am listening to music. For me, music makes every situation that much better.