1. I want to finish freshman year with a GPA of 3.5. In order to do this, I will always come to class prepared (i.e. the assigned reading or homework is done), study at least 5 days in advance for a test, and go to office hours when I need help understanding material. I want to accomplish this so I can keep my scholarship at TCU and so that I can be a competitive candidate when it comes to interviews for future opportunities.

• Accomplished! I'm happy to say that I finished freshman year with a 4.0. I might not have always studied 5 days in advance; however, I did start studying much earlier than I did in high school and put in a lot of hard work that paid off.  

2. I want to be involved in at least 2 organizations or activities outside of my sororitity. However, I want to make sure that the things I choose to spend my time on are important and meaningful to me (no grasping!), so I will give myself until the end of freshman year to find 2 organizations I am passionate about. This goal is important to me because I believe that college is about more than just learning inside the classroom. While the academic side of college is essential, equally so is the learning one can do from one's peers. Especially at a college like TCU, the caliber of the student body lends itself to learning from one another. 

• Accomplished! I am currently involved in Honors College Community Service, volunteer at Kinderfrogs regularly, and have become a Frogs First Leader. 

3. I want to be accepted into either the Neeley Fellows Program or the BNSF Next Generation Leaders Program. Both of these are worthwhile programs for me firstly because of their specific emphasis on business, which is what I am planning on majoring in, but also because of their emphasis on teaching more than just material. These programs teach people how to apply their whollistic education into their lives both in the present and in the future. The application processes for both of these is very difficult and will therefore help me grow in yet another way. 

• Accomplished! I was accepted into the Neeley Fellows Program and could not be more excited! I learned so much from the interview process (including how to write a cover letter) and can't wait to see what's in store for the next 3 years. 

4. Finally, over my four years at TCU, I hope to impact someone else's life- to make their life better because I was a part of it. To do this, I will "invest in people," a phrase that I've heard a lot sense stepping foot on campus. I will not act selfishly, listen to others, and readily offer help or advice. I will make a concious effort to cultivate relationships and practice putting others first. 

• In progress :)