As a student, you have been given a Digication account to create and develop a FrogFolio for your personal, professional, and educational use as a TCU student. Within your FrogFolio, you will have the opportunity to post information, upload documents and/or artifacts and reflect upon your experiences as a student across your academic career.
By using this FrogFolio system, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by certain terms and conditions. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions here thoroughly. If you do not agree to these terms or conditions or have questions or concerns, please e-mail FrogFolio@tcu.edu
User Responsibilities and Rights
Users should avoid using digital materials and intellectual property for which they themselves do not hold the copyright to avoid violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Examples of digital materials and intellectual property include photos, videos, music, texts, logos, etc., that are the property of others.
For more information on copyright and Fair Use, please visit TCU's informative page at http://www.library.tcu.edu/howto/copyright.asp
To help determine whether or not something is a "Fair Use" of a copyrighted material, a four-factor test was created. At least four factors should be taken into should be taken into consideration when using material that may be copyrighted:
* The purpose and character of the use (is it for educational purposes?) * The nature of the work * The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the work as a whole (are you sharing a quote or sample vs are you making an entire book available for download?) * The effect of the use on the market or potential market for the original work (would your sharing or using this potentially limit the ability of the creator to profit from or continue profiting from it?)
Practical copyright tips
· Using a small portion of a work is favorable to using a substantial portion
· Use of a work to provide commentary in an educational setting is favorable to using a work for commercial enterprise
· Use of factual works is favored over using creative works of fiction
· Minimal or negligible impact on the market for the work is generally viewed favorably
As the user and owner, you are responsible for the material contained within your FrogFolio as well as the consequences for posting such material. You must not upload, publish or post the following:
* Material that is threatening, harassing, obscene, defamatory, abusive, racist, vulgar, unlawful, hateful, sexually suggestive or explicit, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity.
* Material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, or intercept any system, data or information.
* Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site or take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the site.
Content posted to your FrogFolio, whether intended for academic, personal or professional use, must adhere to the same standards of respectful discourse expected in all TCU activities as outlined in TCU's Student Handbook http://www.studenthandbook.tcu.edu/student_handbook.pdf . TCU assumes no responsibility for any content posted and any liability resulting from the posted content is the responsibility of the user. As the user and owner, you are responsible for maintaining your FrogFolio content including any necessary changes or updates.
Should TCU receive any complaints about the content posted to a FrogFolio created with a Digication account, TCU reserves the right to remove the FrogFolio from the system and revoke the user's FrogFolio privileges.
Students found to be in violation of this policy will be subject to educational discipline as indicated in the student handbook. For questions about the policy, please contact FrogFolio@tcu.edu.
TCU will undertake all reasonable steps to provide a safe, secure and operational FrogFolio system for users. Administrators of the FrogFolio system may access your FrogFolio and its contents at anytime, but will avoid doing so unless in direct relation to assisting with the support and use of your FrogFolio. If at any time you feel your rights as an FrogFolio user have been violated, please contact the FrogFolio administrator immediately at FrogFolio@tcu.edu
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your FrogFolio username and password and you must never disclose or share this information with anyone. You agree to immediately notify TCU of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
Sensitive personal information and data, such as social security numbers and other forms of personal identification, should never be posted in your FrogFolio. TCU assumes no responsibility for any use made of sensitive personal information and data posted in your FrogFolio.
Use of the FrogFolio system for any purpose other than that for which it was designed is unauthorized and prohibited. TCU has no obligation to monitor your FrogFolio; however, TCU reserves the right to review, duplicate, and make use of materials posted and to remove materials at its discretion.
As the user and owner of your FrogFolio, you control the access to your FrogFolio. TCU will never provide access to your FrogFolio to any unauthorized individual, including but not limited to: College faculty or staff members not involved in your immediate advising for academic purposes, other students, potential employers, graduate/professional schools and other third-party entities. Users should be aware, however, that portfolios for which the privacy setting is semi-private will be visible to those in the TCU system who use FrogFolio.
TCU reserves the right to disclose any information from the e-portfolio in the case of an emergency, where consent has been given, or internally to those individuals TCU determines have an educational need to know.
TCU does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any material posted by users or endorses any opinions expressed by users.
Although TCU attempts to keep information and notifications such as this one up to date, the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed. TCU provides all information and makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding it. TCU disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of it.