Tasia Jewel  

Hello to all! My name is Tasia Jewel and I am so very excited to be a first-year student at TCU pursuing a BFA in Musical theatre! Originally from Saginaw, Texas, I relocated to Kansas City for high school and now I have moved back to my hometown here in Texas. I have been performing on stage in various musicals and plays for almost nine years now but recently within the last three years, I have become more involved in more behind the scenes work. I have worked on shows as the costume head, costume crew, running crew, choreographer, sound crew as well as assistant director. When I'm not performing or helping with behind the scenes work, my other passions include writing poetry. Poetry is something that I'm very passionate about because I love the idea of expressing myself through words and it leaves room for lots of creativity. Even though I do spend the majority of my time in the theatre or writing I am a creative mind who loves beautiful film scores, Stephen King novels, Jack Kerouac novels, music, and travel. I'm always searching for new things to do and new pieces of life to inspire me. I have no doubts that this website will give you a great insight as to who I am as a person as well as a performer!