Yasamin Sharif

Welcome to my FrogFolio! I hope that this portfolio can give you a better understanding of me and my goals. 

My name is Yasamin Sharif and I was raised in Wichita Falls, Texas. I attended Rider High School, where I was Vice President of my senior class, an active member of student council, and Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook for two years. Outside of school, I was apart of Youth Leadership, a three month program where I gained leadership skills and actively participated in community service projects. I was also very active in my church's youth group. 

I am currently a junior working towards a bachelor's degree in Strategic Communication. My career goal is to work in sports advertising. I am also minoring in Film & Media studies. Through my past experience of being Editor-in-Chief of my high school's yearbook, I fell in love with designing, theme development, and marketing.

Outside of academics, I am involved in TheEnd, an organization at TCU that provides students with entertainment on the weekends. I work within their marketing team as a graphic designer. I am also a marketing intern for TCU Athletics, and was recently appointed Tshirt Chair of my sorority, Phi Mu. This year, I earned the opportunity to be a Resident Assistant in Marion/PE Clark hall and be a Connections mentor, a seven week program for first year students where they learn about their strengths and values and how to use them in their future. Both of these positions have had an influence on my passion for student affairs. 

I am Iranian-American and speak both English and Farsi. I grew up in a Persian household, traveling to Iran frequently. Because of that, I grew up with an appreciation for diversity in race, religion, and culture. Diversity is something that I'm very passionate about. It's important for everyone to know that their differences are unique and special and different perspectives are what make this world so great.